Preserve Health is a Flinders University spin-out company created to commercialise a new range of hydration-boosting drinks called PREPD. Backed by over 20 years of ground-breaking medical research, PREPD uses a special starch to supercharge hydration by tapping into an unused potential to absorb fluid in the gut. PREPD allows athletes to hydrate up to 30% more effectively, so they can perform at their peak for longer and recover faster.
Preserve Health is a young, driven and innovative company that has recently closed a seed capital raise and has market ready products they plan to launch in October 2018.
You will be responsible for driving all key business development activities to grow the retail presence for the range of PREPD hydration and sports nutrition products amongst sports specialty stores, nutrition stores and gyms within the Adelaide region. Your customer base will initially be focussed primarily on direct-to-store channels, with the potential to expand to national retail stores and distributors in the future.
You will work directly with the CEO to launch and grow this game-changing new brand, which has the potential to redefine the hydration and sports nutrition categories, and achieve commercial success on a global scale. You will be part of a small, driven and focused team with significant FMCG experience and will also work closely with our strategic partner – a prominent manufacturer in the sports beverage category.
Being a nimble start-up company, this dynamic role will also involve providing support across other key business functions such as marketing, operations and administration in order to pursue company growth objectives.
- Develop long-term, mutually beneficial relationships with PREPD retail customers in your territory amongst selected sports specialty stores, nutrition stores and gyms.
- Achieve budgeted sales, distribution and new business targets by identifying, engaging, closing and growing the retail customer base.
- Provide exceptional account management to define and exceed customer expectations while growing accounts.
- Monitoring and reporting on local market activity such as category insights, industry trends, new competitor products and trade activations.
- Capturing client and prospect feedback to identify potential opportunities for company growth relating to distribution, promotion, product development, and strategic partnerships.
- Negotiation of pricing, payment terms, shelf space, merchandising and new product ranging with current and new customers.
- Educating your customers on the brand, product range, key features & benefits to ensure staff can optimally promote PREPD to consumers.
- Manage retail ordering to ensure the product is always available including order scheduling, invoicing and fulfilment in conjunction with 3PL partners.
- Work with key retail customers to identify, plan and implement promotional activities to educate consumers and drive product trial.
- Involvement in business reviews and execution of sales plans to meet corporate objectives
A self motivated and driven FMCG sales executive, ideally with strong knowledge of the beverage and sports nutrition categories, with at least 3 years experience in recruiting and developing retail accounts through effective sales negotiations and commercial acumen.
The ideal candidate will be tenacious, hardworking, confident and energetic with an outstanding sales track record of exceeding targets. You will be someone who works with honesty and integrity in everything you do. You will be able to articulate how you have built and developed trusted relationships to drive business growth. You will be an exceptional communicator, who is personable, professional, solution-focused and can think strategically to create and develop mutually beneficial business partnerships.
Ideally you will have an entrepreneurial drive and a passion for the challenge and excitement of helping to build a truly innovative company. A bachelor degree in commerce, marketing or similar will be viewed favourably as will skills and experience in digital marketing, social media management or public relations and a demonstrated understanding of sports nutrition and the sports industry generally.
An attractive remuneration package is on offer, which will be negotiated based on the skills and experience you are bringing to the role. The package includes a competitive base salary + super + commissions + employee options.
Submit both a covering letter and resume by email. Enquiries and questions can be directed to the CEO – David Vincent – at firstname.lastname@example.org or on 0417 827 443.